Submission deadline: February 4th, 2020
Please use this template (click here) for the preparation of your abstract. The abstract must not exceed one A4 page in length (landscape). Accepted abstracts will be published in the “Book of Abstracts” (only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be included). Please make sure your abstract does not contain any spelling or grammar mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Final decision will be made by the Scientific Committee upon evaluation of the submitted abstracts. Authors will receive notifications of the review process by April 5, 2020.
For the presentations the official language of the conference will be English:
- Oral communications
- Posters [standard A0 size: 900 mm (width) x 1200 mm (height)]
- Si Slam (optional only for students and post-docs)
Si-Slam’ is a unique ISOS event (started in Berlin at ISOS 2014) for young researchers (students and post-docs). The young scientists use 3 minutes of presentation time to spark excitement about their chemistry. We really believe that this event provides them a rare occasion to think of original ways to express themselves and their works, which should enhances their passion and vision for their own research life.
How to prepare a ‘Si-Slam’ presentation?
Presentations dealing with any aspects of silicon chemistry are welcomed!
- Prepare an ultrashort oral presentation (3 minutes, to be strictly enforced), using any original means,
- to make all participants curious about your exciting chemistry.
- Use any artistic freedom to present yourself and your science!
- Include hand drawings, artwork, photographs, anything – there are no restrictions except your own creativity!
- Use any original on-screen multimedia capabilities (video, sound).
- Your presentation will take place in plenary session: Every participant will watch you!
- It is very easy to apply for a Si-Slam presentation:
You just need to check “Si-Slam” when submitting your abstract.